KSL Community Relations Marketing Internship
12 week unpaid internships, can receive academic credit. They are seeking an individual with a strong interest in community relations as it relates to Marketing. You will have an opportunity to be involved with the daily operations of the KSL Community Relations team and will work to coordinate community. To apply visit http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=KSL+Community+Relations+Marketing+Internship&l=Salt+Lake+City,+UT&from=tellafriend
Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University
The institute for Humane Studies offers paid summer journalism internships for students and recent graduates with strong communication skills and an interest in the foundation of a free society. Interns work for 8 weeks at newspapers, radio stations, new media companies, and investigative newsrooms. The experience hones interns’ writing and critical thinking skills, and translates into a professional network and portfolio. Interns also receive a stipend, travel allowance, and housing assistance. To apply visit http://www.TheIHS.org/journalism
Cache Valley Daily
Cache Valley Daily is looking for a writer to help cover the USU basketball beat this season. This is an unpaid internship, but you’ll be credential for the games, have a seat on press row, and get to cover a Division I basketball team. I’m looking to fill this position immediately. If you’re interested email me at email@example.com include a resume, cover letter, and some samples of your work.Cache Valley Daily Basketball Beat Intern
Salt Lake Tribune Intern
The Salt Lake Tribune is seeking an intern to help support its two-person Washington, D.C. bureau and supplement its political coverage during the first months of the new presidential term and new Congress. This is an opportunity to be involved in reporting on some of the most important issues in the world, while working with two of the best newspaper journalists in the country (Matt Canham and Thomas Burr have combined to win the past three consecutive regional reporting awards from the National Press Club.) The intern will help produce a popular daily news digest called Political Cornflakes, manage social media accounts and produce news articles on how federal actions are impacting Utah. The intern will get a chance to interview members of Congress, attend a White House briefing and interact with Washington-based reporters from newspapers throughout the country. The Tribune will provide airfare and will subsidize transit. The intern must provide his or her own laptop and cell phone. To apply, send a resume, three to five work samples and three references to Matt Canham (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Oct. 1.
Ok.com is looking for a tech savvy and motivated intern that can help with data collecting and research. The internship is full time at our Salt Lake City location from Septemeber – December 2012 and pays $10 an hour. Click here for more information.
Communications Intern for the Governor
The Office of the Governor is looking for outstanding communications interns for this fall semester. We are in the process of interviewing applicants and would like to expand our pool. Please share the attached information with students who may be interested.
Richter7 Fall PR Internship
20-25 hours/week $10/hour Senior-level public relations students preferred. Contact Jake Jones at email@example.com to submit your resume. If you’re selected for an interview, please bring a ton of writing samples from both traditional PR and social media projects. Interviewing is happening now. Internship can begin immediately. Richter7, 280 S. State Suite 200, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Cache Valley Daily Internship
Cache Valley Daily is looking for writing, photo, and video interns. Click here for more information.
Pro-Family Non-Profit Organization Seeks Interns
Utah’s and the nation’s leading pro-family organization, Eagle Forum, founded by President Ronald Reagan’s close advisor Phyllis Schlafly, is seeking local interns on a semester basis, ongoing from semester to semester. This vibrant and influential organization provides incredible opportunities within a fast-paced environment. Interns may work either on-site and/or virtually online from home/dorm with flexible scheduling to accommodate the students’ class schedules when possible. Attendance at a monthly board/staff planning meeting in person or through Skype or conference call is requested. Positive, upbeat and confident telephone voices are preferred. Experience is a plus, but will accept minimal experience from hard workers and fast learners.
1. Radio Programming Intern. Work with talk show staff to research and book interviews with public figures, celebrities and authors, to publish calendar, to create radio and online promos and to prep key questions for the host for a weekly two-hour call-in radio show that airs Thursdays, 1:00-3:00 p.m. K-TALK radio in West Jordan.
2. Public Relations/Communications Intern. Work with staff to create media campaigns, ads and promotions, and marketing plans. Establish relationships with media, assist them with content for upcoming stories, update media lists, draft and send news releases. Schedule designated speakers and experts to represent the organization for local service group/community organizational meetings, as well as for radio/TV interviews locally and nationally.
3. Policy Research Intern. Work with staff and legislators on key issues. Assist legislators during the session and on Interim Days at the Utah State Capitol. Distribute white papers and talking points to legislators on key issues. Create and execute issue-based email campaigns to influence votes. Must be on-site for at least 50% of this internship and must dress in professional attire.
4. Social Media/News Intern. Assist staff to create and gather and post content for Twitter, Facebook, website, blog posts and online newsletter, as well as to assist the news editor to publish and distribute a hard-copy version to membership list.
5. Fundraising/Events Planning Intern. Assist staff with fundraising opportunities and event planning. Update donor lists and prepare for fundraising campaigns. This intern will be interfacing with some of the most influential, high-profile leaders in Utah and the nation and must have good diplomatic skills and professional, conservative business attire.